Monday, September 2, 2013

Painting Pumpkins

Halloween Pumpkins
Oil on Gessoed Illustration Board
This is an example of how I paint my blog banners. I sketch up an idea on paper, and then do a finished drawing. I photocopy the drawing, and then rub the back of the photocopy with General's graphite powder. I tape the photocopy to my Illustration board, and go over the lines of the drawing with a red ink pen. This transfers the drawing to the Illustration board. Once the drawing is on the board I start painting in oil. For this type of painting I do use Liquin, so that the painting dries overnight.

2 comments:

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Hey that's very nice! Looks sharp up top too.

Jason Peck said...

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Ill be adding new blog banners periodically. They are fun to make.