Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On My Easel Part 1

Sorry about the poor picture quality. These were taken under very low light. Ill take some better photos, with daylight as soon as I'm finished with this.

The Set Up, and loose color block in. This is 10X14, Oil on Linen.

My Palette


I started by drawing directly on the canvas with my brush. The color I'm drawing with is a mixture of Burnt Sienna, and Ultramarine Blue thinned with medium. The Medium is One part Stand Oil, One part Dammar Varnish, and 5 parts Turpentine. I'm using a number 2 5590 Langnickle brush for the drawing and a number 6 for the large color washes.

Tightening things up a bit.

Here is a close up of the Owl. This is the second pass.

Im adjusting the colors and values as I go. I'm not as concerned about color as I am the values.

Ill post the finished painting as soon as its complete and in its frame. Thanks for looking. This paintings a Hoot!!

No comments: